Hey guys, I’m back from my two-week trip to Puerto Rico and feeling more refreshed than ever! Sure thing, these freezing NYC temps are not ideal but I can’t really complain. For the first time in a very long time, I was able to go back home and fully disconnect from all the noise and nonsense. YES! I fully unplugged and took a much-needed break which helped to put a lot of things in perspective.
How did I do it? Well, for starters, I brought my Canon EOS 70D DSLR camera and didn’t even use it (lolz, right?) I took a solid break from regularly posting on Instagram, from publishing blog posts, and even from checking my email! I swear, I just enjoyed the present moment, the warm weather, the company of all the wonderful people I got to reconnect and spend time with, and I just existed.
Much more than a digital detox, this time off got me thinking. How could I ever come back to New York and continue to feel the same amount of inner peace and fulfillment I felt while I was away? What could I possibly do upon my return to continue to lead this blissful state of being? What things and/or actions was I carrying about differently during my trip, which I could further put into practice in my day-to-day hectic NYC lifestyle?
Friends, take note. After a hell of a good time and a bit of soul searching, these are the 10 life choices we should all be making in the New Year (and going forward) to lead a happier and more fulfilling life. Because there is no point to being constantly stressed, depressed, or miserable. I hope you enjoy them and begin putting them into practice ASAP!
10 Life Choices to Make to Lead a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- In life, all the validation you’ll ever need is yours to give to yourself. Stop depending on others to remind you how amazing, capable, valuable, talented, and skillful you are.
- Solidify your self-perception by truly and wholeheartedly believing in everything you set yourself out to accomplish. If you don’t believe in yourself now, who will?
- Put yourself, your needs, and your overall stability first. Make your happiness a daily priority.
- Your time is precious and extremely valuable, start spending it with the right people. Remove any toxic and unhealthy relationships from your life immediately.
- Dedicate more quality time to your family and loved ones. These are the people who truly matter.
- Let go of self-limiting thoughts and behaviors. Stop being your worst enemy.
- Practice positive affirmations, daily.
- Practice gratitude, daily.
- Remain organized and on top of your commitments but don’t overbook your schedule. Prioritize accordingly and don’t feel bad if you reject an invite from time to time.
- Live in the moment and regret nothing.
As for my outfit, I did a fun New Year’s photoshoot with my fellow blogger frands SJ and Natalie, featuring these lovely little pieces from Adrianna Papell. Continue scrolling for the fun shots we took and the full outfit details!