New York is pretty much freezing at the moment and all I can think of is fest season, which is just around the corner. Warm, breezy weather, and non-stop fun in the sun—my body is ready.
On this delightful note, I’ve partnered with Tobi to share my top festival season picks and wardrobe inspirations with you! I’m incredibly excited for this and I hope you enjoy what we’ve prepped for ya. To kick off this series, I’ll be talking about one of my favorite pieces for sunny days and beautiful weather, the classic Maxi Dress.
As an avid festival goer, maxi dresses are one of the most comfortable things you could possibly wear for the occassion. They are light, formfitting, and lose flowing, making it easy for you to move and dance around as you please. At the same time, a maxi dress is a timeless piece, and it can take you anywhere from a music festival to a 4th of July party, a baby shower, and all sorts of casual activities and gatherings.
Now, the Sand Castles Maxi Dress from Tobi is such a lovely piece, I’m positive I’ll be wearing it all throughout summer. It has a nice flowy feel and looks pretty fly with platform sandals. I got mine in ivory, but it's also available in black, navy, and peach, and it is currently on sale for $25! If I were you, I'd snag one of these right here before they sell out!
Because honesty is the best policy, and I truly want for you to make a well thought out purchase for this upcoming festival season, let’s check out the pros and cons of wearing a maxi dress to a music festival:
Maxi Dress Pros
- They’re super comfortable and breezy. Festival grounds can get really hot and the extra air flowing through your body will definitely do you good.
- The looser, the better. Not only will your dress create a magical and whimsical effect as you're dancing, it will give you the right amount of space and movement your body needs to fully express itself!
- Nothing says "I'm ready to slay at this festival" better than a maxi dress. Because your inner flower child will never be tamed.
Maxi Dress Cons
- If the dress is too long, you’ll have to wear platforms. But don't stress, Tobi has got you covered! Check out all of these lovely options here.
- If the day is too intense, you'll sweat like a piggy, and the dress might stick instead of cascade down your body. To avoid this, try staying away from the heavy crowds or bring a light towel with ya.
- Your dress could also get dirty with all the dancing and jumping around festival grounds. You could try your best to keep it chill (I know I can't haha!) or take your maxi to your local dry cleaner afterward and serve it some magic!
Shop more festival items from Tobi here: Crop Tops, Rompers, Bodycon Dresses, Jumpsuits, Skirts, Bodysuits & Midi Dresses. Also, new Tobi customers get 50% off on their first order! Thanks Tobi for being you.